Saturday 5th October 2019
West Ham United v Crystal Palace 17:30
- Last season’s repeat fixture ended, West Ham 3-2 Palace
- West Ham took 4 points off Palace last season
- West Ham are unbeaten in their last 8 vs Palace
- 7 of the last 10 head-to-heads went OVER 2.5 GOALS
- 4 of the last 5 repeat fixtures went OVER 2.5 GOALS
- Both teams scored in 8 of the last 10 head-to-heads
- West Ham have scored in their last 10 vs Palace
- 2 of the last 4 repeat fixtures ended in draws
- 4 draws in the last 7 head-to-heads
This weekend’s Premier League 5:30pm clash is between West Ham and Crystal Palace and if recent head-to-heads are anything to go on then we should be in for plenty of goals…………it will probably be a 0-0 ‘bore-draw’ now!!
Both London sides have started the new season well with West Ham on 12 points and Palace on 11 and if they keep going at this rate they will be more than safe from a relegation battle that some pundits predicted for them.
The match betting is fairly tight too, but with home advantage it’s no surprise to see West Ham as the favourites at 2.00, with the draw 3.40 and Palace on offer at 3.75.
The Hammers took 4 points off Palace last season and also won this repeat fixture 3-2 last term.
In fact, West Ham are unbeaten in their last 8 when playing the Eagles, so the more conservative bettors might feel the 1.25 on either a West Ham win, or a Draw in the ‘Double Chance’ market is a banker.
We have seen 4 draws in the last 7 head-to-heads though so it’s not all lost for Palace fans, including 2 of the last 4 repeat fixtures also ending all-square.
However, we talked about this clash often throwing up goals and this is backed up with both teams having scored in 8 of the last 10 head-to-heads – a repeat of this can be backed at 1.70, which looks fair value on a bet that’s paid out in 80% of the last 10 meetings.
With 4 of the last 5 repeat fixture head-to-heads also seeing OVER 2.5 GOALS, plus 7 of the last 10 (home and away) clashes also producing 3+ goals, then the 1.90 on this outcome is another that is sure to appeal.
BEST BET: BOTH TEAMS TO SCORE @1.70