Saturday 18th January 2020
Watford v Tottenham Hotspur 12:30
- Already played this season, Spurs 1-1 Watford
- Last season’s repeat fixture ended, Watford 2-1 Spurs
- Spurs have lost just once to Watford in the Premier League (13 games)
- Spurs have won 9 of their last 13 vs Watford (all comps)
- 6 of the last 10 league games went OVER 2.5 GOALS
- Both teams scored in 7 of the last 10 league head-to-heads
- Both teams scored in the last 4 repeat fixtures
- Dele Alli (Spurs) has scored 6 goals in the last 8 head-to-heads
- 3 DRAWS in the last 6 head-to-heads (all comps)
We’ve an all-London lunchtime Premier League clash this Saturday as Watford host Tottenham.
Watford have managed to move out of the bottom three after 4 league wins from their last 5, and are now actually only 8 points off Spurs, who they meet here.
The sides met earlier this season in the league and that ended 1-1, while last this repeat fixture last season resulted saw Watford win 2-1.
However, it is worth pointing out that Spurs have lost just one of their last 13 Premier League games against Watford – but, as mentioned, that was this fixture last term.
The match betting sees Watford on offer at 3.25, the draw 3.60 and Spurs 2.10.
With 6 of the last 10 head-to-heads seeing OVER 2.5 GOALS this might be another option at 1.80, while both teams scored in 7 of the last 10 clashes – this can be backed at 1.66. Both teams also scored in ALL of the last four repeat fixtures so there does look to be a lot backing up this market.
With three draws in the last 6 meetings then that 50% strike-rate suggests there is some value in the 3.60 on another stalemate too.
In terms of scorers in this fixture, then look o further than Dele Alli – the Spurs midfielder has netted 6 goals in his last 8 games against Watford. He’s 10.00 (1st) or 4.00 (anytime).
BEST BET: BOTH TEAMS TO SCORE @1.66