An intriguing World Cup knockout game here as the current European champions – Portugal – face Uruguay in a bid for a slot in the Quarter Finals.
It’s hard to believe but the sides have actually NEVER played each other before so in terms of past head-to-heads we’ve got nothing to go on.
Uruguay head into he game having won all three of their group games, while Portugal drew two and won one.
The 90 mins match betting is tight too, with Uruguay just edging it at 2.80, with Portugal 3.00 and the Draw 3.00. While Uruguay are 1.80 to qualify and Portugal are 1.95.
Both sides also have match winners in the shape of Suarez and Ronaldo, who have both been in decent scoring form during this World Cup, so we should be in for a fascinating clash.
Uruguay come into the game having lost just 1 of their last 11 games and have won their last five ‘to nil’, while Portugal have tasted defeat just once in their last 21 matches.
Portugal have kept three clean sheets in their last 5 games, while both teams DIDN’T score in 7 of Uruguay’s last 8 matches to suggest we might be in for a tight game. Both teams NOT to score can be backed at 1.61, while Under 2.5 goals is only 1.44.
Don’t forget we are now into the knockout stages so extra-time and even penalties may come into play of the game is a draw after 90mins – and that’s exactly how we think this game will pan out.
The stalemate at 3.00 (90 mins) looks a fair price, while if the game does get extended then Uruguay can be backed at 11.00 to win in Extra-time, or 9.00 by pens, with Portugal 12.00 to win in extra-time, or 9.50 pens – all four options looks attractive options.
BEST BET: DRAW @3.00
Uruguay v Portugal 19:00
- Portugal and Uruguay have never played each other
- FIFA World Rankings, Portugal 4, Uruguay 14
- Uruguay have lost just 1 of their last 11 games
- Uruguay have won their last 5 games ‘to nil’
- Both teams DIDN’T score in 7 of Uruguay’s last 8 games
- 5 of Uruguay’s last 8 games went UNDER 2.5 GOALS
- Luis Suarez is Uruguay’s current top scorer (51 goals)
- Portugal have lost just 1 of their last 21 games
- 5 of Portugal’s last 8 games went OVER 2.5 GOALS
- Portugal have drawn 5 of their last 9 games
- Portugal have kept a clean sheet in 3 of their last 5 games
- Cristiano Ronaldo is Portugal’s current top scorer (85 goals)