Tottenham Hotspur v Newcastle United 16:30
- Last season’s repeat fixture ended, Spurs 1-0 Newcastle
- Spurs took 6 points off Newcastle last season
- Spurs have won the last 4 head-to-heads
- Newcastle have won 2 of their last 6 vs Spurs
- Both teams scored in 4 of the last 7 head-to-heads
- 7 of the last 10 head-to-heads went OVER 2.5 GOALS
- 4 RED CARDS in the last 5 head-to-heads
- Newcastle have won 3 of their last 5 away league games vs Spurs
- Newcastle have won their last 2 of their last 4 away league games at Spurs 1-2
- 4 of the last 7 head-to-heads at Spurs went OVER 2.5 GOALS
- No DRAWS in the last 14 head-to-heads
BEST BET: OVER 2.5 GOALS
Spurs end the week three games with a home clash against Newcastle – a game that ended 1-0 to the Londoners last season, while they also took 6 points off the Magpies last term.
Steve Bruce’s Newcastle will also come here off a 3-0 drubbing to league new-boys Norwich and you sense the pressure is already mounting on them.
Spurs, on the other hand, come into the game with 4 points after a win over Villa and a decent draw against the Champions – Man City – last Saturday.
The match betting reflects this as Spurs are as low as 1.20, with the Draw 6.50 and Newcastle 13.00.
Recent clashes, however, will give some Newcastle fans a glimmer of hope – they’ve won 3 of their last 5 away games at Spurs, and won 2 of their last 4 games against them 1-2.
In fact, we’ve not even seen a DRAW in the last 14 head-to-heads between the sides.
Other options are that both teams have scored in 4 of the last 7 head-to-heads – this is on offer at 2.10, but the safer call looks to be OVER 2.5 GOALS at 1.53.
There have been 3+ goals scored in 7 of the last 10 clashes between the sides and with Spurs having already netted 5 goals from their two opening league games this season that’s a good sign they can bag plenty more against a struggling-looking Newcastle side.
BEST BET: OVER 2.5 GOALS @1.53