Tottenham Hotspur v Manchester City 16:30
- Already played this season, Man City 2-2 Spurs
- Last season’s repeat fixture ended, Spurs 0-1 Man City
- 14 of the last 19 head-to-heads went OVER 2.5 GOALS (all comps)
- 5 of the last 8 repeat fixtures went OVER 2.5 GOALS
- Both teams scored in 9 of the last 14 head-to-heads (all comps)
- Spurs have won 2 of their last 4 home league games vs Man City
- Man City have lost just 1 of their last 8 vs Spurs
- 2 DRAW in the last 20 head-to-heads
- Raheem Sterling (Man City) has scored 6 in his last 8 vs Spurs
We end week 25 in the Premier League with most people’s idea of the best game of this round of fixtures as Spurs host the current league champions Man City.
With City facing an uphill struggle to win the league then anything other than a win here will all but end any slight hopes they had of catching Liverpool, while with Spurs languishing in sixth place at the start of this round of games (34 points), then a win for Mourhino’s side is also massive if they want to secure a top four finish this term.
The sides have already played this season and that ended – Man City 2-2 Spurs, while last season’s repeat fixture finished Spurs 0-1 Man City.
The match betting sees City as the clear favourites at 1.50 – despite being the away side, with the Draw 4.50 and Spurs on offer at 4.50.
With only 2 draws in the last 20 head-to-heads then we tend to get a result one way or another when these sides meet, but there are generally always goals too.
14 of the last 19 clashes went Over 2.5 goals, while 5 of the last 8 repeat fixtures also saw 3_ goals scored – this can be backed at only 1.44 though.
City have lost just one of their last 8 games against Spurs, but it’s worth pointing out the London side have won 2 of their last 4 against City when facing them at home.
City’s Raheem Sterling often finds his scoring boots when facing Spurs too – the England man has netted 6 times in the last 8 head-to-heads and can be backed at 5.00 (1st) or 1.95 (anytime).
Overall, it’s another fascinating game with two of the biggest managers in world football going head-to-head. Home advantage for Spurs will help but they are still without their main man – Harry Kane – and that would be a worry.
Over 2.5 goals looks a good option, but at just 1.44 there is little value here, so we’ll take a chance on Raheem Sterling finding the back of the net for City again when facing Tottenham.
BEST BET: RAHEEM STERLING TO SCORE ANYTIME @1.95