Saturday 11th January 2020
Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool 17:30
- Already played this season, Liverpool 2-1 Spurs
- Last season’s repeat fixture ended, Spurs 0-2 Liverpool
- Liverpool took 6 points off Spurs last season
- Mo Salah (Liverpool) scored (5) all the last 5 head-to-heads (all comps)
- Harry Kane (Spurs) has scored in 3 of the last 5 league head-to-heads
- Both teams scored in 8 of the last 10 league head-to-heads
- 5 of the last 6 league head-to-heads went OVER 2.5 GOALS (all comps)
- Liverpool are unbeaten in 5 of the last 6 repeat league fixtures
This Saturday’s 5:30pm clash is the clear standout Premier League as Tottenham host the runaway title leaders – Liverpool.
The sides have already met this season in the league and that ended in a 2-1 home win for Liverpool, while this is also a repeat of last season’s Champions League Final, so Spurs will be looking for some revenge after that high-profile defeat.
Looking at the match betting it’s Liverpool that head into the game as favourites at 1.66, with the draw 4.20 and Spurs on offer at 4.33.
Last season’s repeat fixture ended Spurs 0-2 Liverpool, so if you fancy more of the same on that score then you’ll be rewarded at 11.00.
In terms of players, Liverpool’s Mo Salah has a good scoring record when playing against Spurs – he can be backed at 4.50 (1st) or 1.90 (anytime), while Harry Kane (Spurs) is also a man to fear in this fixture, but the England hitman is out injured at the moment so that will, of course, be a big blow for the home side.
Other possible betting options to apply to the game are that 5 of the last 6 head-to-heads saw OVER 2.5 GOALS – this can be backed at 1.57, while both teams scored in 8 of the last 10 clashes, so the 1.61 on this happening again also catches the eye.
Overall, it looks another winnable game for the league leaders – Liverpool – and with Spurs missing their main man – Harry Kane – the 1.66 on win for the Merseysiders is how we are going to play this – let’s keep it simple.
BEST BET: LIVERPOOL TO WIN : 1.66