Wednesday 3rd April 2019
Tottenham Hotspur v Crystal Palace 19:45
- Already played in the league this season, Palace 0-1 Spurs
- Played in the FA Cup this season too, Palace 2-0 Spurs
- Last season’s repeat fixture ended, Spurs 1-0 Palace
- Spurs have won the last 5 league head-to-heads 1-0
- The last 2 repeat fixtures finished, Spurs 1-0 Palace
- 11 of the last 13 head-to-heads went UNDER 2.5 GOALS (all comps)
- Spurs have won the last 7 league head-to-heads
- Both teams DIDN’T score in 8 of the last 9 head-to-heads
- 1 DRAW in the last 14 head-to-heads
- Palace have scored just 2 goals in their last 6 vs Spurs
A big Premier League game and the start of a new era for Tottenham as they play their first game at their new stadium.
Palace are the visitors, who will be trying to upset the party and with the Eagles heading here off the back of a win and Spurs struggling a bit at the moment then the away side getting something here would not be the biggest shock.
There will be a lot of pressure on Spurs as they are now in real dog-fight with the likes of Chelsea, Arsenal and Man Utd for a top-four place with just a handful of points between the four sides.
On the other hand, Palace are pretty much safe from the drop now on 36 points – you feel that just one more win will be good enough for the Eagles from their remaining 7 games.
The match betting sees Spurs at the short-priced favourites though at 1.44, with the draw 4.20 and Palace 7.50.
Don’t forget the sides, last met in the FA Cup back in January and with Palace winning that game 2-0 then the Eagles will head here full of confidence.
Having said that, Spurs have won the last 7 league head-to-heads vs Palace and it’s weird that the last five have ALL been 1-0. You can back a repeat of that 1-0 Spurs correct score at 7.50 – surely a must-have as a saver.
We’ve also seen 11 of the last 13 head-to-heads in all comps go UNDER 2.5 GOALS, so often there are not many goals when these sides meet. Less than 3 goals can be backed at 2.20, which certainly looks value, with Over 2.5 goals 1.66.
Both teams DIDN’T score in 8 of the last 9 clashes, so at 1.95 this could be another option in the game, while it goes without saying Harry Kane will be popular in the scoring markets – the Spurs hitman is 3.40 to score the game’s first goal, or 1.61 to net at anytime.
UNDER 2.5 GOALS @2.20
Spurs to win 1-0 @7.50