Saturday 30th November 2019
Southampton v Watford 17:30
- Last season’s repeat fixture ended, Southampton 1-1 Watford
- Both league head-to-heads ended in DRAWS last season
- Southampton have lost just one of their last 12 vs Watford
- 5 DRAWS in the last 8 league head-to-heads
- Both teams scored in 5 of the last 6 league head-to-heads
- 6 of the last 8 league head-to-heads went UNDER 2.5 GOALS
A big relegation clash this Saturday evening in the 5:30pm Premier League game as Southampton host Watford.
Both sides are struggling in the bottom three after just 13 games, with Watford bottom on 8 points, while Southampton have just a point more.
Therefore, a win for either side would be massive, but what are the match odds saying?
Southampton are the favourites at 2.05, with the draw 3.40 and Watford on offer at 3.50.
Last season’s head-to-head ended 1-1 and in fact both clashes in the league ended all-square last term.
With 5 DRAWS in the last 8 head-to-heads then there does look to be some value in this 3.40 on another stalemate here.
However, Southampton fans will also be aware that they’ve actually only lost 1 of their last 12 against Watford, so the 1.28 on either a Southampton win or a draw might appeal in the ‘Double Chance’ market despite being short.
Other options that stand out based on the head-to-head stats are that 6 of the last 8 meetings went UNDER 2.5 GOALS – this can be backed at 1.90 – while both teams tend to have a habit of scoring in this fixture.
Both teams to score is on offer at 1.70.
BEST BET: DRAW @3.40