Sunday 6th October 2019
Newcastle United v Manchester United 16:30
- Last season’s repeat fixture ended, Newcastle 0-2 Man Utd
- Man Utd took 6 points off Newcastle last season
- 2 of the last 6 head-to-heads ended in DRAWS
- Both teams DIDN’T score in 7 of the last 8 repeat fixtures
- 3 of the last 4 repeat fixtures went UNDER 2.5 GOALS
- 10 of the last 15 head-to-heads went OVER 2.5 GOALS (all comps)
- Man Utd have lost just 1 of their last 9 vs Newcastle
- Man Utd have scored 20 goals in their last 9 games vs Newcastle
Steve Bruce’s Newcastle are struggling at the foot of the Premier League with just 5 points after seven games and things don’t get much easier this weekend with Manchester United rolling into St James’ Park on Sunday.
This fixture last season saw United win 0-2 – a repeat of that can be backed at 9.00 – while the Red Devils actually took six points off the Magpies last season.
If the Toon Army fans what something to cling to it will be the fact 2 of the last clashes ended all square, but really the stats point firmly towards the Manchester side, who have lost just one of their last 9 vs Newcastle and scored a massive 20 goals in those games too.
The match betting sees Man Utd as the clear favourite at 1.90, with the draw 3.50 and Newcastle 4.00.
The Overs/Unders market looks a tricky one to call as 3 of the last 4 repeat fixtures going Under 2.5 goals, but overall 10 of the last 15 head-to-heads (all comps) saw 3+ goals.
But the bet here is actually for both teams NOT to score. With Newcastle struggling to score goals at the moment then the 1.95 on one (or both) the sides not finding the back of the net looks great value.
This is backed up with 7 of the last 8 clashes paying out on this bet – that’s a 88% return on a bet that is on offer at 1.95.
BOTH TEAMS ‘NOT’ TO SCORE @1.95