Sunday 20th October 2019
Manchester United v Liverpool 16:30
- Last season’s repeat fixture ended, Man Utd 0-0 Liverpool
- Liverpool took 4 points off Man Utd last season
- The last 5 of the last 7 head-to-heads (all comps) ended in DRAWS
- The 7 of the last 9 head-to-heads (all comps) went UNDER 2.5 GOALS
- Both teams scored in 3 of the last 5 head-to-heads
- 2 of the last 4 head-to-heads at Old Trafford ended 1-1
- Man Utd are unbeaten in their last 6 home games vs Liverpool
- Liverpool have lost just 1 of their last 8 vs Man Utd (all comps)
- Both teams scored in 4 of the last 5 head-to-heads at Old Trafford
Around 5-10 years ago this Manchester United v Liverpool Premier League clash would have been one of the highlights of the season.
However, in recent times Man Utd have rather lost the ‘fear-factor’ that used to surround them, especially in their home games, while with just two wins from their opening eight league games the pressure is certainly on their boss – Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.
In contrast, Liverpool, have only got better in the last 4 or 5 seasons and that has continued this season with 8 straight wins from their opening league games.
The Red, will probably fancy their chances against Utd in their current form and that is backed-up in the match betting with Man Utd 4.50, the draw 3.80 and Liverpool on offer at 1.72.
This repeat fixture last season ended 0-0, so a repeat of that can be backed at 13.00, while Liverpool took 4 points of the Red Devils last term. It’s also worth noting that 2 of the last 4 clashes at Old Trafford ended 1-1 – this can be backed at 8.00.
There is some hope for United though as they are actually unbeaten in their last 6 home game vs Liverpool – but a lot have been draws. 5 of the last 7 head-to-heads in all comps have ended all square.
This is backed up too when looking at Liverpool’s record against United as the Merseysiders have actually lost just 1 of their last 8 against them.
Both teams scored in 4 of the last 5 head-to-heads, so at 1.75 this is an option too, but with 7 of the last 9 going UNDER 2.5 GOALS, then at 2.00 there looks to be better value here.
Liverpool’s Mo Salah went off injured in their last game so it’s worth checking the team news to see if he’ll be back. It goes without saying that if he’s still on the sidelines this will give hope to Man Utd, but Liverpool do have other options these days and Sadio Mane has been outscoring the Egyptian of late anyway. Mane is on offer at 5.50 (1st) or 2.30 (anytime) – expect these odds to shorten if Salah doesn’t make the starting line-up.
BEST BET: UNDER 2.5 GOALS @2.00