Sunday 28th April 2019
Manchester United v Chelsea 16:30
- Already played this season, Chelsea 2-2 Man Utd
- Also met in the FA Cup this season, Chelsea 0-2 Man Utd
- Last season’s repeat fixture ended, Man Utd 2-1 Chelsea
- 9 of the last 12 head-to-heads went UNDER 2.5 GOALS
- Both teams DIDN’T score in 8 of the last 11 head-to-heads
- 5 of the last 6 repeat fixtures went UNDER 2.5 GOALS
- Chelsea have scored just 2 goals in the last 5 repeat fixtures
- Both teams DIDN’T score in 4 of the last 6 repeat fixtures
- 3 of the last 5 repeat fixtures ended in DRAWS
Another crucial Premier League game in the race for a top four finish this Sunday as Chelsea make the trip to Old Trafford to face Man Utd.
A win for either side looks a must if they want to keep the pressure up on Spurs and Arsenal – but the betting suggests it’s going to be a hard game to call.
Man Utd, despite being the home side are 2.62 in the match betting and that’s the same price as Chelsea, with the draw 3.30.
The sides met earlier this season in a 2-2 draw at Stamford Bridge, plus they also met in the FA Cup that saw United win that game 0-2.
Last season’s repeat fixture ended 2-1, so if you fancy this score line again, you’ll be rewarded at odds of 11.00.
Looking at the players to score odds – Chelsea’s Eden Hazard is on offer at 6.00 (1st) or 2.50 (anytime), while Higuain is 6.50 (1st) or 2.75 (anytime). Looking at the United players – Lukaku is 6.00 (1st) or 2.50 (anytime), while Rashford can be backed at 6.50 (1st) or 2.75 (anytime).
If you are hoping for goals, then you might be disappointed – these are generally tight encounters though as 9 of the last 12 head-to-heads went UNDER 2.5 GOALS – so at the 1.90 for a bet that’s paid out 75% of the time in the last 12 clashes doesn’t look too bad value.
In fact, 5 of the last 6 repeat fixtures went UNDER 2.5 GOALS too.
Both teams DIDN’T score in 4 of the last 6 repeat fixtures and in 8 of the last 11 head-to-heads – so at 2.10 there also looks to be plenty of value in this price.
It’s worth noting too that 3 of the last 5 clashed ended all-square, but the call here is to stick with UNDER 2.5 GOALS at 1.90.
BEST BET: UNDER 2.5 GOALS