Manchester United v Chelsea 16:30
- Last season’s repeat fixture ended, Man Utd 1-1 Chelsea
- Both league fixtures last season ended in DRAWS
- 10 of the last 13 head-to-heads went UNDER 2.5 GOALS
- Both teams DIDN’T score in 8 of the last 12 head-to-heads
- 6 of the last 7 repeat fixtures went UNDER 2.5 GOALS
- Chelsea have scored just 3 goals in the last 6 repeat fixtures
- Both teams DIDN’T score in 4 of the last 7 repeat fixtures
- 4 of the last 6 repeat fixtures ended in DRAWS
We really do hit the ground running on the opening weekend of the Premier League and we end with a belter as Manchester United take on Chelsea in the Sunday 16:30pm clash.
The sides will both fancy their chances of challenging City and Liverpool for the title, with Chelsea having former player, Frank Lampard, at the helm now, while Man Utd have been busy in the transfer market this summer.
Chelsea are on offer at 34.00 to win the Premier League and Man Utd 41.00.
Last season’s repeat fixture ended Man Utd 1-1 Chelsea, so if you fancy a repeat of that score, you’ll be rewarded at 6.50.
In fact, both league fixtures last season ended in draws. The match betting sees Man Utd on offer at 2.10, the Draw 3.30 and Chelsea 3.50.
These are also generally tight encounters – 10 of the last 13 saw Under 2.5 goals, while 6 of the last 7 repeat fixtures also saw under 3 goals scored – this can be backed at 1.80
Both teams DIDN’T score in 8 of the last 12 clashes too – this is on offer at 1.95.
In terms of the scoring markets, Marcus Rashford is on offer at 6.00 (1st) or 2.62 (anytime), while Chelsea’s Tammy Abraham is 7.00 (1st) or 3.00 (anytime).
Overall, the Draw at 3.30 looks decent value, while in these tight games another market worth a look is the HT/FT one. You can back Man Utd/Draw and Chelsea/Draw – both at 15.00.
But the main call here is UNDER 2.5 GOALS. These are generally tight clashes and with this also being a season opener, neither side will want to take too many risks so backing 2 or less goals to be scored at 1.80 looks sure to give us a run for our money.
BEST BET: UNDER 2.5 GOALS @2.50