Monday 30th September 2019
Manchester United v Arsenal 20.00
- Last season’s repeat fixture ended, Man Utd 2-2 Arsenal
- Arsenal took 4 points off Man Utd last season
- 2 of the last 4 repeat fixtures ended 1-1
- 3 of the last 5 repeat fixtures ended in DRAWS
- Man Utd are unbeaten in the last 12 repeat fixtures
- Arsenal last beat Man Utd away in the league in 2006
- 6 of the last 9 head-to-heads went OVER 2.5 GOALS (all comps)
- Both teams scored in 9 of the last 12 head-to-heads (all comps)
- Arsenal have won just 3 of their last 16 league games vs Man Utd
- Jesse Lingard (Man Utd) has scored 3 goals in the last 4 league head-to-heads
By far the biggest Premier League game ahead of ‘week seven’ is between old rivals Manchester United and Arsenal.
Both sides are not quite the force they were in the English top-flight but with the race for a ‘top four’ finish high on their agendas then points here will be vital.
The repeat fixture from last season ended Man Utd 2-2 Arsenal, while the Gunners actually took 4 points off the Red Devils last season in the league.
The match betting ahead of the game sees Man Utd at 2.30, the Draw 3.40 and Arsenal 3.00.
It’s worth pointing out that United are unbeaten in the last 12 repeat fixtures against Arsenal – the Gunners last beat United away in the league in 2006. However, with 3 of the last 5 ending in draws then this looks the value at 3.40 in the match betting.
Other options might be that 6 of the last 9 clashes saw OVER 2.5 GOALS – this can be backed at 1.61, while both teams scored in 9 of the last 12 clashes – this is on offer at 1.50.7
Check the team news before the game, but United’s Jesse Lingard has scored 3 goals in his last 4 against Arsenal – the England midfielder can be backed at 10.00 (1st) or 3.60 (anytime).
BEST BET: DRAW @3.40