Manchester City v Tottenham Hotspur 17:30
- Last season’s repeat fixture ended, Man City 1-0 Spurs
- Man City took 6 points off Spurs last season
- Man City won both league fixtures last season 1-0
- Man City have won the last 5 league head-to-heads
- Man City are unbeaten in the last 6 league head-to-heads
- Both teams scored in 5 of the last 8 league head-to-heads
- 5 of the last 8 head-to-heads went OVER 2.5 GOALS
- 7 of the last 8 repeat fixtures went OVER 2.5 GOALS
- 1 DRAW in the last 17 league head-to-heads
Manchester City and Spurs met four times last season – twice in the league and, of course, twice in the Champions League.
City won three of those four clashes and with home advantage here everything points to another City win. The champions hit the ground running last weekend too with a 0-5 away win at West Ham, while even though Spurs got over the line with a 3-1 win against Villa, it was a bit of a struggle for the Londoners at times.
The match betting sees Man City on offer at 1.33, with the draw 5.00 and Spurs 8.50.
City also won both fixtures 1-0 last season, so this scoreline is worth having on your radar at 9.50, while the Manchester club have also won their last 5 league games against Spurs.
With just one draw in the last 17 clashes then we tend to get a result one-way, or another too.
Looking at the scoring markets, then Spurs’ Kane at 8.50 (1st) or 3.00 (anytime) will be popular, while Aguero at 4.00 (1st) or 1.66 (anytime) and Sterling at 5.00 (1st) or 1.95 (anytime) also catch the eye.
Both teams have scored in 5 of the last 8 head-to-heads and this is on offer at 1.75, but even though last season’s repeat fixture ended 1-0 to City, there has been 3+ goals in 7 of the last 8 repeat fixtures. The sides scored 8 goals between them in their opening games too, so at 1.50 we are going to side with OVER 2.5 GOALS here.
BEST BET: OVER 2.5 GOALS @1.50