Saturday 23rd November 2019
Manchester City v Chelsea 17:30
- Last season’s repeat fixture ended, Man City 6-0 Chelsea
- Each side took 3 points off the other last season
- 5 of the last 6 head-to-heads ALL went UNDER 2.5 GOALS (all comps)
- Both teams DIDN’T score in ALL the last 6 head-to-heads (all comps)
- Man City have won 2 of the last 4 league head-to-heads 1-0
- Man City have scored in 9 of their last 10 league games vs Chelsea
- Aguero (City) scored a hat-trick in this fixture last season
- Man City have kept a clean sheet in 5 of their last 6 vs Chelsea (all comps)
Another huge Premier League game for the current champions, Man City, as they welcome Chelsea in the 5:30pm game.
With their main title rivals – Liverpool – playing Palace at 3pm, then by the time this game comes around the gap at the top between City and the Merserysiders might even be 12 points!
Regardless of that Liverpool result, this still looks a ‘must win’ game for City if they want to get their title challenge back on track.
They face Chelsea here, who are doing well in the league too with 26 points and start week 13 in 3rd place – they will fancy their chances of a top 4 finish at worse this season and are certainly not out of winning the league.
The match betting here sees City at just 1.40, with the Draw 5.00 and Chelsea 6.50.
Last season this fixture was City thump Chelsea 6-0, but you feel the Londoners are in a much better place now under Frank Lampard and it will be a massive shock if we see a repeat of that.
Chelsea will gain confidence by having beaten City at home last season in the league though.
City’s Sergio Aguero scored a hat-trick in this fixture last season so at 4.00 (1st) or 1.61 (anytime) then he’s sure to be popular in the scoring markets.
Other betting options to note are that City have kept a clean sheet in 5 of their last 6 games over Chelsea – City to ‘win to nil’ is on offer at 2.87.
Both teams ‘didn’t’ score in ALL of the last 6 clashes though, so the 2.25 on this happening again certainly stands out.
5 of the last 6 head-to-heads also went UNDER 2.5 GOALS, and there looks to be plenty of value here too at 3.00.
BEST BET: BOTH TEAMS ‘NOT’ TO SCORE @2.25