Sunday 27th October 2019
Liverpool v Tottenham Hotspur 16:30
- Last season’s repeat fixture ended, Liverpool 2-1 Spurs
- Liverpool took 6 points off Spurs last season
- Liverpool won both league head-to-heads 2-1 last season
- Liverpool have scored in their last 9 vs Spurs
- Liverpool have lost just 1 of their last 15 vs Spurs (all comps)
- Both teams scored in 7 of the last 9 head-to-heads (all comps)
- 5 of the last 7 head-to-heads went OVER 2.5 GOALS
- 5 of the last 7 repeat league fixtures went OVER 2.5 GOALS
- Liverpool are unbeaten in their last 8 home league games over Spurs
- 4 DRAWS in the last 9 league head-to-heads
- Liverpool have scored in 15 of their last 16 vs Spurs
- Mo Salah (Liverpool) has scored 4 goals in the last 5 head-to-heads
Liverpool dropped a few points last weekend with their draw at Manchester United, but still sit top of the tree with 25 points after 9 games as we enter ‘week ten’ in the Premier League.
Next up for the Reds is a home clash against struggling Tottenham, who forfeited more ground on the main players last weekend with a poor 1-1 home draw with Watford.
There is clearly something not right at Spurs so a trip to Anfield is not going to be ideal for them – the last time they met was in the Champions League final last season – with Liverpool winning that 2-0.
This repeat fixture last term also ended in a Liverpool win (2-1), while the Reds also took 6 points of Spurs in the league last season – in fact, Klopp’s men won both their league fixtures over Spurs 2-1 last term, so a repeat of that score at 8.50 might not be the worst shout in the world.
The match betting sees Liverpool at 1.50, with the draw at 4.33 and Spurs as big as 6.50 – it’s not hard to see why Liverpool are red-hot favourites as they’ve lost just one of their last 15 against the Londoners.
Liverpool have scored in 15 of their last 16 against Spurs too, while they are also unbeaten in their last 8 home league games over them.
Other options might be ‘both teams to score’ as this bet has paid out in 7 of the last 9 clashes – this is on offer at 1.57. While Over 2.5 goals is another bet to have on your radar as we’ve seen 3+ goals in 5 of the last 7 repeat fixtures too. This can be backed at 1.50.
If fit to play then Liverpool’s Mo Salah, is also a man to have on side in this fixture as the Egyptian has netted 4 times in his last 5 games when facing Spurs.
BEST BET: BOTH TEAMS TO SCORE @1.57