Saturday 14th September 2019
Liverpool v Newcastle United 12:30
- Last season’s repeat fixture ended, Liverpool 4-0 Newcastle
- Liverpool took 6 points off Newcastle last season
- 2 of the last 5 head-to-heads ended in DRAWS
- Newcastle have lost 3 of their last 8 vs Liverpool
- Liverpool haven’t lost in their last 23 home league games vs Newcastle
- Newcastle have beaten Liverpool just once away in the Premier League (24 games)
- 3 of the last 5 head-to-heads went OVER 2.5 GOALS
- 4 of the last 12 head-to-heads were DRAWS
- Liverpool have won 4 of the last 10 repeat fixtures 3-0 ‘to nil’ (2-0 & 3-0)
- Mo Salah (Liverpool) scored in both head-to-heads last season
Over the years we’ve had a few classics from this Liverpool v Newcastle – most notably two 4-3 humdingers back in 1996 and 1997.
A lot has happened to both clubs since then and the gulf between them is a big one. Liverpool will be – once again – challenging for the title, while Newcastle will most likely have their own battles – but at the foot of the table.
Last season this fixture ended Liverpool 4-0 Newcastle, while the Red also took 6 points off the Toon Army in the league last term.
If the Magpies do want to glean some hope then there have been 2 draws in the last 5 head-to-heads, while they actually only lost 3 of their last 8 when playing Liverpool.
Having said that, Liverpool don’t lose many games at home when facing Newcastle either – they’ve not tasted defeat at Anfield in their last 23 games against the Toon Army.
Therefore, the match betting that sees Liverpool on offer at just 1.14 is hardly surprising, with the draw 8.00 and Newcastle 15.00.
In fact, Newcastle last beat Liverpool away in the Premier League 24 games ago.
3 of the last 5 clashes went OVER 2.5 GOALS, so the game having 3+ goals in at 1.36 might appeal.
The Reds have won 4 of the last 10 repeat fixtures ‘to nil’, so this is another potential option at 1.72.
Liverpool’s Mo Salah also scored in both head-to-heads last season so is sure to be a popular pick in the scoring markets too.
BEST BET: LIVERPOOL WIN ‘TO NIL’ @1.72