Sunday 19th January 2020
Liverpool v Manchester United 16:30
- Already played this season, Man Utd 1-1 Liverpool
- Last season’s repeat head-to-head ended, Liverpool 3-1 Man Utd
- 2 of the last 3 repeat fixtures ended 0-0
- 6 of the last 8 head-to-heads ended in DRAWS (all comps)
- 8 of the last 10 head-to-heads (all comps) went UNDER 2.5 GOALS
- 6 of the last 8 head-to-heads ended 1-1 or 0-0
- Man Utd are unbeaten in 10 of their last 11 league games vs Liverpool
- 4 of the last 6 repeat fixtures went UNDER 2.5 GOALS
They’ve potentially saved the best till last in the Premier League this weekend as old rivals – Liverpool and Manchester United – face-off at Anfield.
With the Reds head into week 23 on 61 points and 14 points clear of Man City – plus, they still have a game in-hand!
United, on the other hand, start the weekend in fifth and 5 points off Chelsea in fourth so a win here will be massive for them in terms of their top-four target.
United fans will gain some hope from their 1-1 home draw in the league with Liverpool earlier this season, but with home advantage now it’s not hard to see why Liverpool are 1.40 in the match betting market – with the draw 4.75 and Man Utd as big as 7.00.
In fact, 6 of the last 8 head-to-heads have ended in draws, while two of the last three repeat fixtures ended 0-0 – with that in mind United/Draw in the ‘Double Chance’ market might appeal to some at 2.75.
Also – did you know, that United are actually unbeaten in 10 of their last 11 league games vs Liverpool!?
With 6 of the last 8 clashes ending either 0-0 or 1-1 then these score lines at 15.00 and 10.00 are also worth having on your radar.
These are generally low-scoring affairs too – 8 of the last 10 head-to-heads saw UNDER 2.5 GOALS, while 4 of the last 6 repeat fixtures also went under 3 goals scored – a repeat of this can be backed at 2.10, with Over 2.5 goals the favourite at 1.72.
BEST BET: UNDER 2.5 GOALS @2.10