Sunday 10th November 2019
Liverpool v Manchester City 16:30
- Last season’s repeat fixture ended, Liverpool 0-0 Man City
- Man City took 4 points off Liverpool last season
- Also met in the Community Shield this season, Liverpool 1-1 Man City
- Liverpool have lost just 2 of their last 13 vs Man City (all comps)
- Liverpool are 19 games unbeaten at home vs Man City (all comps)
- Liverpool have won 4 of their last 5 home league games vs Man City
- 12 of the last 16 head-to-heads went OVER 2.5 GOALS
- 6 of the last 9 head-to-heads went OVER 2.5 GOALS
- 5 of the last 7 repeat fixtures went OVER 2.5 GOALS
- Man City last beat Liverpool away in the league in 2003
We’ve a monumental Premier League game this Sunday as league leaders – Liverpool – take on the current champions, Man City, at Anfield on Sunday.
With 11 games gone there is 6 points between the sides at the top of the table so it’s clear just how important a win for either side would be. All three points for Liverpool, then they’ll have a 9 point cushion over City, while a victory fir the Manchester side and the gap closes to just 3 points.
The match betting is tight and actually favours City, who are the away side, at 2.45, with the Draw 3.50 and Liverpool on offer at 2.70.
Last season’s repeat fixture ended 0-0, so at 15.00 some might feel there is some value here, while don’t forget the sides met at Wembley back in August in the Community Shield – that also ended in a draw- this time 1-1.
Liverpool do actually have a good record when facing City. The Red have lost only 2 of their last 13 in all comps, and also won 4 of their last 5 home league games over the current champions.
Add in that Liverpool also currently 19 games unbeaten against City at home then it’s not been a happy stomping ground for the Manchester side. City last beat Liverpool away in the league in 2003. With this in mind, then Liverpool or the Draw in the ‘Double Chance’ market might appeal too.
We’ve seen 5 of the last 7 repeat fixtures go OVER 2.5 GOALS, while 12 of the last 16 overall head-to-heads also saw 3+ goals – this can be backed at 1.66.
Team news will be important when it comes to the scoring markets – Mane (1st 6.00, 2.37 anytime)and Salah (1st 5.50, anytime 2.20) will be popular for Liverpool, while for City Aguero (1st, 5.50) or anytime (2.37) is, of course, another player that always attracts a lot of attention in this market.
BEST BET: LIVERPOOL/DRAW ‘DOUBLE CHANCE’ @1.53