Sunday 14th April 2019
Liverpool v Chelsea 16:30
– Already played this season, Chelsea 1-1 Liverpool
– Also met in the EFL Cup this season, Liverpool 1-2 Chelsea
– Last season’s repeat fixture ended, Liverpool 1-1 Chelsea
– 4 of the last 7 head-to-heads ended 1-1
– 4 of the last 5 head-to-heads went UNDER 2.5 GOALS
– Both teams scored in 8 of the last 9 head-to-heads
– Chelsea are unbeaten in their last 5 vs Liverpool
– The last 3 repeat league fixtures ALL ended 1-1
– Hazard (Chelsea) has scored in the last 2 head-to-heads
After their win on Monday night, Chelsea started this weekend in third, with a cracking chance of a top four finish now. However, the Blues face a tricky game next in the Premier League as they take on title challengers, Liverpool, at Anfield.
The sides have already met this season and that resulted in a 1-1 draw at Stamford Bridge – a repeat of that scoreline can be backed at 8.00. In fact, did you know, 4 of the last 7 head-to-heads ended up 1-1, including the last THREE repeat fixtures?
The match betting sees Liverpool as the firm favourites at 1.57, with the draw 4.00 and Chelsea 5.75.
Chelsea will also gain confidence in having beaten Liverpool in the League Cup this season, while the Blues are also now unbeaten in their last five against the Merseysiders.
4 of the last 5 clashes went UNDER 2.5 GOALS, so if you fancy a repeat here you’ll be rewarded at 2.10, while both teams have scored in 8 of the last 9 meetings – with that in mind, the 1.75 on offer on both teams to find the back of the net looks decent value on a bet that’s paid out in 89% of the last 9 clashes.
Chelsea’s Eden Hazard, who was on target twice on Monday night, also has a good recent record against Liverpool – the Belgium has netted in the last two head-to-heads.
BEST BET: BOTH TEAMS TO SCORE @1.75
Note: Odds are subject to change