Saturday 1st February 2020
Leicester City v Chelsea 12:30
- Already played this season, Chelsea 1-1 Leicester
- Last season’s repeat fixture ended, Leicester 0-0 Chelsea
- The last 4 league head-to-heads went UNDER 2.5 GOALS
- Both teams DIDN’T score in 5 of the last 7 league head-to-heads
- Chelsea are unbeaten in the last three repeat fixtures
- Chelsea have scored just 1 goal in their last 4 league games vs Leicester
- Jamie Vardy has scored 3 goals in his last 6 vs Chelsea
- 9 of the last 10 repeat fixtures went OVER 2.5 GOALS
Both Leicester and Chelsea won their FA Cup 4th round games last weekend but return to Premier League action his Saturday.
With Leicester in third (48 points) and Chelsea fourth (40 points), then the sides are firmly in mix for a top-four finish – so it goes without saying a win for either side here will be a big help towards achieving that goal.
The sides met earlier this season at Stamford Bridge and that ended 1-1 – a repeat of that scoreline can be backed at 7.50, while last season’s repeat fixture also ended in a DRAW, 0-0.
The match betting is as tight as it comes too, with Leicester 2.60, the Draw 3.50 and Chelsea on offer at 2.60.
It’s worth pointing out that Chelsea are also unbeaten in the last three repeat fixtures, but in contrast have scored only 1 goal in their last 4 league games against Leicester.
Leicester’s Jamie Vardy – if fit – will be a man to follow as the former England hitman has scored 3 goals in his last 6 against Chelsea. He can be backed at 4.33 (1st) or 1.83 (anytime).
Both teams didn’t score in 5 of the las 7 clashes so there might be some value in the 2.37 here, while the overs/unders stats have a contrasting look – 9 of the last 10 repeat fixtures went OVER 2.5 GOALS, while the last 4 league head-to-heads all went Under 2.5 goals. Over 2.5 goals can be backed at 1.66, and Under 2.5 goals at 2.20.
It’s a tough game to call, so with that in mind and there being a lot of draws when these sides meet of late then the 3.50 on a stalemate looks a nice option.
BEST BET: DRAW @3.50