Friday 6th Sept 2019
Germany v Holland 19:45
- FIFA World Rankings, Germany 15, Holland 16
- Met 28 times, Germany 8, Draws 11, Holland 9
- Last met (Euros 2019), Holland 2-3 Germany
- 6 of the last 7 head-to-heads went OVER 2.5 GOALS
- 4 of the last 8 head-to-heads ended in DRAWS
- Germany have lost just 1 of their last 8 vs Holland
- The last 3 head-to-heads went OVER 3.5 GOALS
- Van Dijk (Holland) has scored in 2 of the last 3 head-to-heads
A huge Euro 2020 qualifying game this Friday night as heavyweights Germany host Holland.
This Group C game has a lot riding on it as Germany have 9 points after 3 games, while Holland are on just 3 points after 2 games – both trail Northern Ireland.
The match betting sees Germany as the favourites at 1.90, with the draw 3.60 and Holland 3.75.
The sides have met 28 and with 8 Germany wins to Holland’s 9 there is not a lot between the sides – with 11 draws.
The FIFA rankings also suggest a tight game with Germany 15th and Holland 16th.
There are generally goals between the sides though so for the neutrals we should hopefully be in for plenty of action – 6 of the last 7 games (86%) went OVER 2.5 GOALS.
With 50% of the last 8 clashes draws then the stalemate might appeal too at 3.60, but with Germany having lost just one of their last 8 to Holland then the visitors do look to have a bit of a task on their hands.
Holland’s Van Dijk has scored twice in the last three head-to-heads so is a man to have on your radar in the scoring markets.
However, in a game that could go either way the safer call is to side with goals. If you’re feeling brave the last three games all went OVER 3.5 GOALS (2.50), but the 1.65 on offer on 3+ goals being scored looks the slightly more reliable option.
BEST BET: OVER 2.5 GOALS @1.65