Saturday 31st March 2018
Everton v Man City 17:30
Yes, it won’t be too long before the bookmakers are paying out on Man City winning the Premier League – at the start of this weekend they are a huge 16 points clear of the pack and games are running out.
Next up for City is a trip to Everton this Saturday in the early evening game and although it might look plain-sailing for City here it’s worth pointing out that they’ve not got the best of records against Everton recently.
This season’s clash ended 1-1, while this repeat fixture ended Everton 4-0 Man City. In fact – it might come as a bit of a shock but Everton are actually unbeaten in their last 4 league games over City!
The match betting looks as follows – Everton 9.00, which is a huge price for any home side, with the draw 5.00 and City 1.33. (odds are subject to change)
With 3 of the last 4 head-to-heads ending in DRAWS then even this looks value at 5.00. (odds are subject to change)
If you think Everton can keep up their good run over City then the 3.40 in the ‘Double Chance’ market on either an Everton win or a draw also looks great value.
6 of the last 7 clashes went Under 2.5 goals, so at 2.30 (the 2nd fav in this market) this might also appeal with an 86% payout in recent games.
Both teams failed to score in 4 of the last 7 head-to-heads so at 1.90 (odds are subject to change) this might also appeal, while there could be some boil-over in the game with this season’s clash producing 2 red cards – one for each side!
Aguero is City’s leading scorer in the league with 21 goals, while Everton’s Wayne Rooney, with 10 league goals, leads the way got them.
However, lets have some faith in Everton’s recent good record over City. The Toffeemen have also scored in 5 of their last 6 against City and as pointed out they head into the game unbeaten in their last 4 over the Champions elect.
With that in mind, then the 3.40 (odds are subject to change) on Everton/Draw in the ‘Double Chance’ market is how we’re going to play this one. Yes, Everton are fine in mid-table and don’t have a lot to play for but when a team like City roll into Goodison Park that should be enough to get the players and the home crowd up for this one!
BEST BET: EVERTON/DRAW ‘DOUBLE CHANCE’ @ 3.40
Saturday 31st March 2018
Everton v Manchester City 17:30
– Already played this season, Man City 1-1 Everton
– Last season’s repeat fixture ended, Everton 4-0 Man City
– Everton are unbeaten in their last 4 league games vs Man City
– 3 of the last 4 league head-to-heads ended in DRAWS
– 6 of the last 7 head-to-heads went UNDER 2.5 GOALS
– Both teams DIDN’T score in 4 of the last 7 head-to-heads
– This season’s head-to-head saw 2 RED CARDS (1 each)
– Everton have scored in 5 of their last 6 vs Man City
– Man City’s Aguero is their leading league scorer this season with 21 goals
– Everton’s Rooney is their leading league scorer this season with 10 goals