Wednesday 11th July 2018
England v Croatia 19:00
So, we are down to only four sides in the 2018 FIFA World Cup and it’s an all-European affair in both Semi-Finals.
By the time England and Croatia face-off in the second semi-final on Wednesday night they will know who they will face with France and Belgium playing the day before (Tues).
How did they get this far? Well, after the group games, England recorded wins over Columbia and Sweden to set-up this semi-final – the first required penalties while the Three Lions recorded a comfortable 2-0 win over the Swedes.
Croatia have had a tough time in the knockout stages too – they required extra-time and penalties in both games against Denmark and more recently Russia.
With that in-mind Croatia will head with more minutes played under their belts and as a result may well be the more tired of the two sides.
It’s a fairly tight-looking one though if you believe the betting as Croatia are on offer at 2.30 to qualify, while England are priced at 1.61.
The 90mins betting also has England as favourites at 2.37, with the draw 3.10 and Croatia 3.50.
They’ve met 7 times in the past with England holding the edge with 4 wins, 1 draw to Croatia’s 2 victories.
The FIFA World Rankings point to England as well as the Three Lions are ranked 12 with Croatia 20th.
There are generally goals when these sides meet too – the last clash ended England 5-1 Croatia, while the last three head-to-heads all went OVER 4.5 GOALS – a repeat of that can be backed at 11.00.
5 of the last 6 meetings went OVER 3.5 GOALS and this is on offer at 5.00, however, when looking at more current games against different opposition it might pay to note 10 of England’s last 13 games went UNDER 2.5 GOALS – less than 3 goals in the game is on offer at just 1.50 though.
With not had a draw in the last 6 head-to-heads so that might be good news for the haters of extra-time and penalties.
Croatia often score though – this is backed up with them scoring at least two goals in 5 of their last 6 games and both sides have found the back of the net in 5 of the last 6 clashes – at 2.05 there looks to be some value here.
Harry Kane is England’s main man in front of goal with 19 goals for his country, while Croatia’s Mandzukic, with 31 goals, is their main hitman. Kane is on offer at 4.33 (1st) or 2.25 (anytime) while Mandzukic is 8.00 (1st) or 3.75 (anytime).
Of those at bigger prices England’s Harry Maguire was on target in the last game so at 34.00 (1st) or 17.00 (anytime) there is plenty of value here – the same could be said about Dele Alli, who netted England’s second in their last game over Sweden. The Spurs man is on offer at 11.00 (1st) or 5.00 (anytime). Modric is another option for Croatia – the Real Madrid midfielder is 13.00 (1st) or 6.00 (anytime).
We expect a tight game, but the BOTH TEAMS TO SCORE option at 2.05 looks decent value, especially as Croatia don’t play many games without finding the back of the net.
BEST BET: BOTH TEAMS TO SCORE @2.05
Wednesday 11th July 2018
England v Croatia
- Met 7 times before, England 4, Draw 1, Croatia 2
- Last played (2009), England 5-1 Croatia
- FIFA World Rankings, England 12, Croatia 20
- The last 3 head-to-heads went OVER 4.5 GOALS
- Both teams scored in 5 of the last 6 head-to-heads
- 5 of the last 6 head-to-heads went OVER 3.5 GOALS
- No draws in the last 6 head-to-heads
- Croatia have lost just 1 of their last 8 games
- 3 of Croatia’s last 6 games went OVER 2.5 GOALS
- Croatia have scored at least 2 goals in 5 of their last 6 games
- Mandzukic is Croatia’s current top scorer (31 goals)
- England have lost just 1 of their last 15 matches
- England have let in 6 goals in their last 13 matches
- 10 of England’s last 13 games went UNDER 2.5 GOALS
- Both teams DIDN’T score in 9 of England’s last 15 games
- Harry Kane is England’s current top scorer (19 goals)