Saturday 22nd February 2020
Chelsea v Tottenham Hotspur 12:30
- Already played this season, Spurs 0-2 Chelsea
- Last season’s repeat fixture ended, Chelsea 2-0 Spurs
- 3 of the last 4 head-to-heads went UNDER 2.5 GOALS
- Both teams ‘DIDN’T’ score in 3 of the last 4 head-to-heads
- Chelsea have won their last 3 games vs Spurs
- 7 of the last 8 head-to-heads played at Chelsea went OVER 2.5 GOALS
- Spurs have scored in 9 of their last 11 vs Chelsea
- Chelsea have lost just once at home to Spurs in the Premier League (27 games)
- 9 of the last 27 repeat fixtures ended in DRAWS
- Chelsea have won 11 of the last 27 repeat fixtures ‘to nil’
- This season’s head-to-head saw a RED CARD (Spurs)
- Chelsea’s Willian scored a brace (2 goals) in this season’s head-to-head
Another big Premier League clash as the race for the Champions League places hots-up.
Chelsea, who are fourth in the league, dropped points at home to Man Utd on Monday, so will be looking get back on track here, while Spurs are also firmly in the hunt after a last-gasp winner at Villa saw them move up to fifth.
The match betting sees Chelsea at 1.90, with the draw 3.80 and Spurs on offer at 3.60.
With Spurs boss Jose Mourhino also heading back to one of his former clubs then this adds a nice little sub-plot to this Saturday lunchtime clash.
The teams met earlier this season and that resulted in an away win for Chelsea – Spurs 2-0 Chelsea, while this repeat fixture from last term also ended in a 2-0 win for the Blues. You can back Chelsea to win 2-0 at 11.00.
Chelsea have also won their last three against Spurs (all comps) and have lost just once at home to Spurs in the Premier League (27 games) – quite an impressive stat. You can back Chelsea or the draw in the ‘double chance’ market at 1.28.
We have seen a lot of draws when these sides meet though – 9 of the last 27 repeat fixtures ended all square – that’s a 33% return
Other markets to note are that Chelsea have won 11 of the last 27 repeat fixtures ‘to nil’ – this can be backed at 3.50.
Both teams ‘didn’t’ score in 3 of the last 4 head-to-heads, so this might appeal at 2.10, but it’s generally been a fixture with goals – 7 of the last 8 clashes saw OVER 2.5 GOALS scored. If you fancy 3+ goals in the game, then this is on offer at 1.72.
With Chelsea’s Willian scoring a brace (2 goals) when the sides met earlier this season, then the 8.50 (1st) or 3.25 (anytime) might be worth looking at.
However, we are happy to stick with the OVER 2.5 GOALS option at 1.72, with both sides firmly in the mix for a top 4-5 place and a Champions League slot.
BEST BET: OVER 2.5 GOALS @1.72