After two of the greatest semi-final European comebacks of all time we’ve an all-English final for the first time since 2007-08 as Liverpool and Tottenham do battle at the Wanda Metropolitano Stadium in Madrid.
This will be Liverpool’s second Champions League final in the last two seasons, after losing out to Real Madrid last term, while it will be Tottenham’s first ever Champions League (European Cup) final.
A crackerjack of a Champions League Final this season we lock ourselves in for an all-Premier League affair as Liverpool take on Tottenham.
Both sides have had plenty of time to recover and prepare with the league season finishing a while ago – with the likes of Firmino (Liverpool) and Kane (Spurs), who both missed the end of the league season now back.
Liverpool will be looking to go one better than last year, after losing in the final – they’ve won the European Cup five times in their history and been runners-up three times, while this will be Tottenham’s first final in this competition.
This season’s league clashes between the sides both ended in 2-1 wins for Liverpool, plus with the Merserysiders having lost just 1 of their last 15 (all comps) to Spurs they will head into the game as the favourites.
The outright betting backs this up, with Liverpool on offer at 1.50, while Spurs can be backed at 2.62.
The 90 mins match betting sees Liverpool at 1.95, the Draw 3.60 and Spurs at 4.20.
Liverpool’s Salah and Firmino have good recent records when facing Spurs – Salah has scored three in the last 5 head-to-heads, while Firmino has netted in both clashes this season.
Salah is on offer at 4.75 (1st) and 2.10 (anytime), while Firmino can be backed at 7.00 (1st) or 2.87 (anytime).
Harry Kane is likely to be back fit for Spurs and he’s sure to be popular in the scoring markets too – he’s 5.50 (1st) or 2.37 (anytime).
There are generally goals when these sides face-off too. 6 of the last 7 (86%) clashes went OVER 2.5 GOALS, so this is sure to be popular at 1.90, while BOTH TEAMS TO SCORE is another popular outcome. 8 of the last 9 head-to-heads saw both teams find the back of the net (89%) – with these markets in mind the 1.90 looks fair value for 3+ goals – especially as it’s a bet that’s paid out in 86% of the last 7 head-to-heads – this is how we are going to play the final.
Let’s take a look at the main stats………………………….
1st June 2019
Liverpool v Tottenham 20:00
– Met twice in the league this season, Liverpool 2-1 Spurs, Spurs 1-2 Liverpool
– Met in the UEFA Cup (1973), Spurs 2-1 Liverpool, Liverpool 1-0 Spurs
– Liverpool have lost just 1 of their last 15 vs Spurs (all comps)
– Both teams scored in 8 of the last 9 head-to-heads
– 6 of the last 7 head-to-heads went OVER 2.5 GOALS
– 4 DRAWS in the last 9 league head-to-heads
– Liverpool have scored in 15 of their last 16 vs Spurs
– Liverpool have scored at least 2 goals in 5 of their last 6 vs Spurs
– Mo Salah (Liverpool) has scored 3 goals in the last 5 head-to-heads
– Firmino (Liverpool) scored in both head-to-heads this season
– Liverpool have won 7 of their 12 CL games this season
– Liverpool have lost 4 of their 6 away CL games this season
– 3 of Liverpool’s last 4 CL games went OVER 2.5 GOALS
– Spurs have won 6 of their 12 CL games this season
– Both teams scored in 7 of Spurs’ 12 CL games this season
– Spurs have scored in 11 of their 12 CL games this season
– 7 of Spurs’ 12 CL games this season went OVER 2.5 goals
– Spurs have lost 2 of their 6 away CL games this season
BEST BET: OVER 2.5 GOALS @1.90