Burnley v Tottenham Hotspur 17:30
- Already played this season, Spurs 5-0 Burnley
- Last season’s repeat fixture ended, Burnley 2-1 Spurs
- Spurs are unbeaten in 10 of their last 11 vs Burnley
- 3 of the last 4 head-to-heads went OVER 2.5 GOALS
- Both teams DIDN’T score in 4 of the last 6 head-to-heads
- Burnley have NOT scored in 3 of the last 4 repeat fixtures
- Spurs have won 4 of their last 6 vs Burnley ‘to nil’
- Spurs have scored in all their last 7 games vs Burnley
With Spurs having lost last weekend to Wolves then it really is starting to become back-or-break time with regards to the North London side making it into the top four and securing a Champions League place.
Spurs start this round of games with 40 points and in 7th and are 5 points off Chelsea in fourth.
Next up for Mourhino’s men is a tricky away trip to Burnley.
However, Spurs did thrash Burnley in their previous meeting this term 5-0, so that will give their supporters a lot of confidence, while the North London side are unbeaten in 10 of their last 11 against Burnley.
The match odds see Spurs as favourites at 2.30, with the draw 3.40 and Burnley 3.00.
Having said that, Burnley fans will know that his repeat fixture last season saw them record a 2-1 home win.
With 3 of the last 4 head-to-heads going OVER 2.5 GOALS, then the 2.10 on this outcome looks fair value – considering Spurs are leaking a few goals at the moment and that they’ve scored in ALL of their last 7 against Burnley.
Both teams didn’t score in 4 of the last 6 clashes so at 1.95 this might be another option.
Overall, it’s a tough game for Mourhino and Spurs. It’s a game they will be expected to win but their current form has heaped a load more pressure on them and that is sure to play it’s part.
With that in mind, the match odds look fraught with danger so the OVER 2.5 GOALS at 2.10 is how we are going to play this.
Spurs’ last three league games all saw 3+ goals, while 2 of Burnley’s last 3 also went Over 2.5 goals.
BEST BET: OVER 2.5 [email protected] 2.10