Burnley v Liverpool 17:30, Saturday 31st August 2019
- Last season’s repeat fixture ended, Burnley 1-3 Liverpool
- Liverpool took 6 points off Burnley last season
- Liverpool have lost 1 of their last 10 vs Burnley
- Both teams have scored in the last 5 head-to-heads
- 4 of the last 5 head-to-heads went OVER 2.5 GOALS
- Burnley have scored in their last 6 vs Liverpool
- 1 DRAW in the last 13 head-to-heads (all comps)
- Firmino (Liverpool) scored 3 goals vs Burnley last season
A potentially tricky away trip to the Premier League leaders – Liverpool – this Saturday as they travel to Burnley.
The match betting suggests it’ll be one-way traffic for the Merseysiders as they are 1.33, with the draw 5.00 and Burnley on offer at 9.00.
Last season Liverpool took 6 points off Burnley too, with this fixture ending up Burnley 1-3 Liverpool.
In fact, Liverpool have tasted defeat just once in their last 10 games vs Burnley.
On a plus, for the home side both teams have scored in ALL of the last 5 head-to-heads so at 1.95 there might be some appeal for this market – Burnley have scored in their last 6 games vs Liverpool. While 4 of the last 5 clashes also saw OVER 2.5 GOALS – 3+ goals in the game can be backed at 1.61.
With just 1 draw in the last 13 clashes then we tend to get a result one-way, or another. Liverpool’s Firmino has been the main man for the Reds when facing Burnley – the Brazilian scored three times against them last season – he can be backed at 5.50 (1st) or 2.20 (anytime).
But, with Liverpool failing to have kept a clean sheet this season then ‘BOTH TEAMS TO SCORE’ is the way we’re going to play this game. As pointed out, Burnley also have a good recent record of scoring when facing Liverpool and will have home advantage too.
BEST BET: BOTH TEAMS TO SCORE @1.95