Saturday 26th October 2019
Burnley v Chelsea 17:30
- Last season’s repeat fixture ended, Burnley 0-4 Chelsea
- Chelsea took 4 points off Burnley last season
- 5 of the last 5 head-to-heads went OVER 2.5 GOALS
- 11 of the last 13 league head-to-heads went OVER 2.5 GOALS
- Both teams scored in 7 of the last 9 head-to-heads
- Chelsea have lost just 1 of their last 11 vs Burnley (all comps)
- Both teams scored in 4 of the last 5 repeat fixtures
- 4 DRAWS in the last 7 head-to-heads
- Chelsea have scored in their last 11 vs Burnley (all comps)
Burnley have made a decent start to the season and after nine games sit 8th in the table with 12 points – next up for the Clarets is a home match against Chelsea, who are also doing well at the moment.
The Blues head into the game with 17 points and start ‘week ten’ in 4th after a nice 1-0 home win over Newcastle last weekend.
This fixture last season, however, ended in a comfortable 0-4 away win for the Londoners so it’s no surprise to see Chelsea at 1.70, with the draw 4.00 and Burnley 4.50 in the match betting.
Burnley fans will gain some confidence knowing that 4 of the last 7 head-to-heads have, in fact, ended all-square though, but Chelsea have still only lost one of their last 11 vs Burnley.
The thing to take out of the stats though is that tends to be goals when these sides meet. Both teams have scored in 4 of the last 5 clashes, so the 1.66 on offer here will appeal.
However, we prefer to side with OVER 2.5 GOALS at the same 1.66 price. This bet has paid out in the last 5 head-to-heads, while 11 of the last 13 meetings also saw 3+ goals scored.
If you fancy a punt in the scoring markets then Chelsea’s Tammy Abraham is their shortest player in the betting at 4.50 (1st) or 1.95 (anytime), while Burnley’s Ashley Barnes at 7.50 (1st) or 2.87 (anytime) is their lowest-priced player.
BEST BET: OVER 2.5 GOALS @1.66