Sunday 12th May 2019
Brighton & Hove Albion v Manchester City 15:00
- Already met this season, Man City 2-0 Brighton
- Also met in the FA Cup, Man City 1-0 Brighton
- Last season’s repeat fixture ended, Brighton 0-2 Man City
- Man City have lost just 1 of their last 12 vs Brighton (all comps)
- Brighton have lost just 1 of their last 4 home league games vs Man City
- 3 of the last 4 head-to-heads went UNDER 2.5 GOALS
- Both teams ‘DIDN’T’ score in 3 of the last 4 head-to-heads
- Man City have ‘won to nil’ in 3 of the last 4 head-to-heads
A win for Man City and they will be crowned the 2018-19 Premier League Champions, while if Liverpool lose (or draw) against Wolves then City would would only need a point, or could even lose.
Basically, City head into the final round of games with a point lead over Liverpool and a 4 goal better goal-difference.
They face Brighton away in their final game and with the Seagulls safe from the drop then everything points to a win for City. The bookmakers agree as City are 1.12 in the match betting, with the Draw 9.00 and Brighton 15.00.
The sides met earlier in the season and that resulted in a 2-0 home win for City, plus they also met in the FA Cup (Man City 1-0 Brighton).
Last season’s repeat fixture also saw a City win (Brighton 0-2 Man City), so what is becoming clear is that Brighton do find it hard to score against the Manchester side – City have won 3 of the last 4 head-to-heads ‘to nil’ – a repeat of that can be backed at 1.90.
However, there is hope for Brighton – and Liverpool – fans as the Seagulls have in fact lost just one of their last four home games against City. Brighton/Draw in the ‘double chance’ market is on offer at 6.50!
3 of the last 4 clashes also went UNDER 2.5 GOALS and saw both teams ‘NOT’ score, so it might not be the high-scoring game some are expecting. 2 or less goals is 3.20, while both teams ‘not’ to score is 1.80.
It’s hard not seeing City taking all three points here – especially with such a lot at stake, but it might be a much more nervy game than we think for the current champs. Therefore, there might be some value in siding with Under 2.5 goals at 3.20 – remember, City have also only scraped through 1-0 in their last two games.
BEST BET: UNDER 2.5 GOALS @ 3.20