Brazil v Switzerland 19:00
We get a chance to see the World Cup favourites in action for the first time at the tournament this Sunday as Brazil face Switzerland.
The sides have played just three times before and it couldn’t be more even with one win each and a draw.
The FIFA Rankings suggest a Brazil win as the Sambamen are ranked 2, but it might not all be plain-sailing with Switzerland currently in sixth place in the standings.
The Swiss have lost just one of their last 22 games too, so excuse the pun, but certainly won’t be ‘rolling’ over.
The match betting also reflects a win for Brazil as most bookies have them around 1.40, with the draw 4.80 and Switzerland 9.50.
However, it is worth noting the last time the sides met (2013) it was the Swiss that won (1-0).
Two of the last three clashes have produced Over 2.5 goals, but in contrast to that 6 of Switzerland’s last 7 games went Under 2.5 goals. Over 2.5 can be backed at 2.00, while Under is 1.80 in what looks a very tight market.
Shaqiri is Switzerland’s main man in front of goal with 20 strikes for his country – he can be backed at 13.00 (1st) or 5.00 (anytime), while, of course Neymar is the star Brazilian striker with a staggering 54 goals for his country – the PSG man can be backed at 4.00 (1st) or 1.83 (anytime).
However, the call here is for Brazil to shut out the Swiss. Gone are the days when Brazil might let in four but score 5 – they are very assured at the back now!
This is supported with Brazil winning their last four games ‘to nil’ and having let in just one goal in their last 8 matches.
You suspect the Swiss would take a 0-0 draw here and move onto easier games in the group, while with both teams NOT scoring in 7 of Brazil’s last 8 games then this is how we are going to play this one.
One team (or both) NOT to score is on offer at 1.75 and that looks fair value to us, especially as Brazil are a very decent defensive outfit these days, plus generally of late the games the Swiss play in don’t produce many goals.
Best Bet: BOTH TEAMS NOT TO SCORE @1.75
Sunday 17th June 2018
Brazil v Switzerland 19:00
- Met 3 times before, Brazil 1, Draw 1, Switzerland 1
- Last met (2013), Switzerland 1-0 Brazil
- FIFA World Rankings, Brazil 2, Switzerland 6
- 2 of the last 3 head-to-heads went OVER 2.5 GOALS
- Switzerland have lost just 1 of their last 22 games
- 6 of Switzerland’s last 7 games went UNDER 2.5 GOALS
- Both teams DIDN’T score in 6 of Switzerland’s last 7 games
- Shaqiri is Switzerland’s current to scorer (20 goals)
- Brazil are unbeaten in their last 11 games
- Brazil have let in just one goal in their last 8 games
- Brazil have won their last 4 games ‘to nil’
- Both teams DIDN’T score in 7 of Brazil’s last 8 games
- Neymar is Brazil’s current top scorer (54 goals)