Sunday 15th December 2019
Arsenal v Manchester City 16:30
- Last season’s repeat fixture ended, Arsenal 0-2 Man City
- Man City took 6 points off Arsenal last season
- Man City have won their last 5 head-to-heads vs Arsenal
- 9 of the last 10 head-to-heads went OVER 2.5 GOALS
- Man City have scored at least 3 goals in 4 of their last 5 vs Arsenal (all comps)
- Man City are unbeaten in their last 7 league games vs Arsenal
- Both teams scored in 6 of the last 8 league head-to-heads
- Sergio Aguero (Man City) has scored 8 goals in the last 8 head-to-heads
- 4 of the last 11 league head-to-heads ended in DRAWS
With Man City being a massive 14 points behind Premier League leaders – Liverpool – (at the start of week 17) then anything other than a win will be curtains for the champions.
City head here having lost to bitter rivals – Man Utd – last weekend and are now also 6 points off Leicester in second at the start of these round of games.
Next up for City is Arsenal, who have their own issues. The Gunners got back on track with a 1-3 away win at West Ham, but still start week 17 on just 22 points.
This fixture last season ended in a 0-2 away win for City, and a repeat of that score can be backed at 11.00, while City actually took 6 points off the Londoners last term too.
City have also won their last 5 head-to-heads vs Arsenal and are unbeaten in their last 7 clashes with the Gunners.
Therefore, it’s no surprise to see City as the clear favourites in the match betting at 1.40, with the draw 5.00 and Arsenal 6.50.
There have been 4 draws in the last 11 head-to-heads though so that will give Arsenal fans some hope.
But other options to note when looking at past clashes are that 9 of the last 10 saw OVER 2.5 GOALS – this is on offer at only 1.36 though. If you want a bit more value here, then adding just one more goal (Over 3.5 goals) sees the odds increase to 1.90.
While both teams scored in 6 of the last 8 head-to-heads – this is a slightly better 1.50 and despite being odds-on looks a solid bet.
City still have issues at the back so leaking goals of late has been a regular for the champions, while with home advantage and getting a bit of confidence last Monday with a 1-3 win (after coming from a goal down), then Arsenal can be expected to create many chances.
At the other end of the pitch, City also rarely go a game without scoring – they’ve scored at least 3 goals in 4 of their last 5 vs Arsenal.
BEST BET: BOTH TEAMS TO SCORE @1.50