FA Cup Final Head-to-Head Stats
Saturday 1st August 2020
Arsenal v Chelsea 17:30
- Met in the FA Cup 20 times, Arsenal 9, Draw 6, Chelsea 5
- Arsenal have won the FA Cup 13 times
- Chelsea have won the FA Cup 8 times
- Last met in the FA Cup in 2016-17, Arsenal 2-1 Chelsea
- Met in the league this season, Chelsea 2-2 Arsenal, Arsenal 1-2 Chelsea
- Chelsea have won 3 of their 5 vs Arsenal
- 6 of the last 8 league head-to-heads went OVER 2.5 GOALS
- 5 of the last 6 head-to-heads (all comps) went OVER 2.5 GOALS
- Both teams scored in 8 of the last 12 head-to-heads
- Chelsea have lost just 1 of their last 5 vs Arsenal (all comps)
- Chelsea have scored 2+ goals in 4 of their last 5 vs Arsenal
- Last head-to-head saw a RED CARD (Arsenal, D Luiz)
All all-London FA Cup Final this year as Chelsea and Arsenal lock horns on Saturday 1st August.
The sides last met in the final of this competition back in 2017 and that ended with a 2-1 Arsenal win. The Gunners are also the most successful team in the FA Cup with 13 wins under their belt, while Chelsea sit third in the all-time winning table with 8 wins, just behind Man Utd.
This season the sides have also, of course, met twice in the league with Chelsea taking 6 points off Arsenal with a win and a draw.
In fact, Frank Lampard’s men have won 3 of their last 5 against the Gunners and lost just 1 of their last five against their London rivals.
The 90 mins match betting sees Arsenal on offer at 3.30, the Draw 3.40 and Chelsea 2.15, while the outright betting sees Chelsea at 1.66 and Arsenal at 2.20.
Other options in the game are to back OVER 2.5 GOALS, as this outcome has paid out in 6 of the last 8 clashes (75%) – this is on offer at 1.95, while Both Teams To Score is another attractive-looking prospect at 1.75 – this has paid out in 8 of the last 12 meetings (67%).
It’s worth noting there was also a RED CARD (David Luiz) when these sides last met (Arsenal) so there might be some carry-over from there.
Chelsea’s Olivier Giroud has been in great scoring form of late so the Frenchman at 6.50 (1st) or 2.75 (anytime) catches the eye, while for Arsenal Aubameyang is their shortest-priced player in the scoring markets at 4.75 (1st) or 2.10 (anytime). Both players were also on target in their last games.
Overall, it’s a tricky game to call, with both sides heading into the game in good order and off the back of some nice wins in the league. Chelsea seem to just have the recent head-to-head edge but with Arsenal’s top record in this competition they are hard to ignore too.
Therefore, the safer option might be to side with goals – back Over 2.5 Goals at 1.95 – a bet that’s paid out 75% of the time in the last 8 meetings.
BEST BET: OVER 2.5 GOALS @1.95