Liverpool v Chelsea 20:15
- Already played this season, Chelsea 1-2 Liverpool
- Met in the FA Cup this season too, Chelsea 2-0 Liverpool
- Last season’s repeat fixture ended, Liverpool 2-0 Chelsea
- 3 of the last 9 head-to-heads ended 1-1 (all comps)
- 3 of the last 4 repeat fixtures ended 1-1
- Chelsea are unbeaten in 6 of the last 7 repeat fixtures
- 4 of the last 7 repeat fixtures ended in DRAWS
- 5 of the last 6 league head-to-heads went UNDER 2.5 GOALS
- Both teams scored in 10 of the last 13 head-to-heads (all comps)
So, we already know that Liverpool secured their first Premier League title several weeks ago so they will have little to play for here against Chelsea.
In contrast, Chelsea are still very much in the hunt for a Champions League place and a top four finish so we can expect a strong performance from the Londoners, who are also in the FA Cup final this season.
The match betting sees Liverpool on offer at 2.00, with the draw 3.75 and Chelsea 3.50.
The sides met earlier this season at Stamford Bridge and that ended, Chelsea 1-2 Liverpool, while they’ve also met in the FA Cup (Chelsea 2-0 Liverpool) and the Super Cup (Liverpool 2-2 Chelsea, Liverpool won on pens) this term.
However, the 1-1 scoreline has been a very popular outcome when these sides play – 3 of the last 4 repeat fixtures ended in 1-1 draws so at 8.00 this is sure to be popular. 4 of the last 7 repeat fixtures also ended in draws.
It’s also worth pointing out that Chelsea are unbeaten in 6 of their last 7 league trips to Anfield – with that in mind there looks to be some value in the ‘Double Chance’ market by backing Chelsea and the Draw at 1.72.
5 of the last 6 head-to-heads went UNDER 2.5 GOALS and this can be backed at 2.37, while both teams to score is on offer at 1.53 – this has paid out in 10 of the last 13 head-to-heads.
In terms of the goal scorers it might be better to wait for the team news – especially with Liverpool’s side. Mo Salah is on offer at 4.75 (1st) or 1.95 (anytime), while Mane is 5.50 (1st) or 2.20 (anytime). Chelsea’s in-form Giroud could be interesting though – the Frenchman is 8.00 (1st ) or 2.75( anytime).
BEST BET: CHELSEA OR DRAW ‘DOUBLE CHANCE’ @1.72