Saturday 4th July 2020
Chelsea v Watford 20:00
- Already met this season, Watford 1-2 Chelsea
- Last season’s repeat fixture ended, Chelsea 3-0 Watford
- Chelsea are unbeaten in 16 of their last 17 vs Watford
- 11 of the last 12 head-to-heads went OVER 2.5 GOALS
- 3 of the last 6 head-to-heads went OVER 4.5 GOALS
- The last 7 repeat league fixtures went OVER 2.5 GOALS
- Chelsea have never lost to Watford at home in the Premier League (6 games)
- Chelsea are unbeaten in their last 9 home league games vs Watford
- Both teams scored in 7 of the last 9 head-to-heads
- 2 RED CARDS (1 each) in the last 6 head-to-heads
With Chelsea still in the hunt for a top four Premier League place and, therefore, qualification into the Champions League then there still a lot riding on this home clash with Watford.
The match betting suggests and easy 3 points for Chelsea as they are 1.40 to win the game, with the draw 4.50 and Watford at 7.50.
However, with Watford needing the points for different reasons – they are in the relegation fight – it might not be all plain-sailing for the home side.
The sides met earlier this season at Vicarage Road and that saw the Blues win 1-2, while this repeat fixture from last season ended in an easy 3-0 win to Chelsea – a 3-0 win can be backed at 11.00.
In fact, Chelsea are unbeaten in 16 of their last 17 games vs Watford, so often do very well when taking on their London neighbours.
There are generally goals too. A massive 11 of the last 12 clashes saw OVER 2.5 GOALS, so at 1.72 this looks great value on a bet that’s won 92% of the time in recent meetings. The last 7 repeat fixtures also went OVER 2.5 GOALS!
With 3 of the last 6 head-to-heads going OVER 4.5 GOALS, then you’ll get better value here at 4.50, while with BOTH TEAMS TO SCORE having paid out in 7 of the last 9 head-to-heads this is another option at 1.90.
Looking at the scoring markets – Chelsea’s Tammy Abraham will be a popular choice at 4.50 (1st) or 1.95 (anytime), while Giroud is 5.00 (1st) or 2.10 (anytime). Watford’s shortest-priced player is the popular Troy Deeney at 9.50 (1st) or 3.60 (anytime).
BEST BET: OVER 2.5 GOALS @1.72