Last year’s FA Cup and Premier League winners – Man City – take on the champions of Europe – Liverpool – in what is set to be a top renewal of the Community Shield. The match, which will be staged at Wembley, will be played on Sunday 4th August at 3pm. We take a look at the key head-to-head stats!
2019 Community Shield
Man City v Liverpool 3pm,
Sunday 4th August 2019
– Met 182 times, Liverpool 89, Draw 47, Man City 46
– Last met (2019), Man City 2-1 Liverpool
– Last season Man City too 4 points off Liverpool
– Have never met in the Community Shield before
– Liverpool have lost just 1 of their last 5 vs Man City
– 5 of the last 6 head-to-heads went OVER 2.5 GOALS
– Liverpool have scored in 4 of their last 5 vs Man City
– Firmino (Liverpool) have scored in 3 of the last 5 head-to-heads
– 3 DRAWS in the last 10 head-to-heads
The wait is almost over folks!
It’s the Community Shield this Sunday and after a long summer of no football then we can lock ourselves in for a cracker as the league winners – Manchester City – take on the Champions League heroes – Liverpool.
The Wembley showpiece is a tight betting heat too, with City at 1.61 to life the shield, with Liverpool on offer at 2.20.
The 90 mins match betting might have a bit more value, with Liverpool 3.30, the Draw 3.50 and City at 2.10.
They met twice in the league last season, with City taking 4 points off Liverpool then the Citizens will head into the game full of confidence.
However, it’s worth pointing out that Liverpool have lost just 1 of their last 5 vs City and scored in 4 of their last 5 games when playing the current league champions.
With Liverpool’s Firmino netting in 3 of the last 5 head-to-heads then the Brazilian is a man to have on your radar in the scoring markets too, while it goes without saying the likes of Mane, Salah and Aguero are other big names that will certainly have their supporters in the scoring markets.
But the call here is for there to be goals. When the sides meet there generally is a lot of goal action, with 5 of the last 6 clashes seeing OVER 2.5 GOALS netted. With this in mind the 1.80 on OVER 2.5 GOALS is how we are going to play this game – hopefully we can get the new season off to a flyer.
BEST BET: OVER 2.5 GOALS @1.72