Monday 11th September 2017
West Ham vs Huddersfield
The Premier League action continues into Monday this weekend as West Ham, who currently sit bottom of the table, host top-flight new-boys Huddersfield.
With zero points from their opening three games, West Ham will be looking to get back on track here, but it won’t be easy against a Huddersfield side that have hit the ground running.
The Terriers have won 2 and drawn 1 of their opening 3 games so head here still unbeaten in the league this season, and don’t forget they bashed Palace 3-0 on the road on the opening day of the season so won’t have any fears heading down south.
The sides last met in 1997 in the League Cup so no recent head-to-head stats to go on, but it’s interesting that the two have met 39 times, with Huddersfield holding the clear edge on 22 wins, to West Hams 10 (7 draws).
The match betting reads as follows – West Ham 1.80, Draw 3.50 and Huddersfield 4.50. But the call here is for both teams NOT to score. This bet has paid out in all three of Huddersfield league games so far this season and also in 2 of West Ham’s three league matches.
Therefore, the 1.90 on one (or both) teams not scoring in the game looks fair value to us and is the way we are going to play this game.
Best Bet: BOTH TEAMS NOT TO SCORE
West Ham v Huddersfield 20:00, Sky Sports
- Last met 1997 (League Cup), West Ham 3-0 Huddersfield
- West Ham have won their last 2 home games vs Huddersfield 3-0
- Both teams DIDN’T score in 5 of the last 6 head-to-heads
- 3 of the last 4 head-to-heads went OVER 2.5 GOALS
- Played 39 times, West Ham 10, Draw 7, Huddersfield 22
- 1 DRAW in the last 10 head-to-heads
- West Ham’s last 3 league games ALL went OVER 2.5 GOALS
- West Ham have lost their last 3 league games
- Huddersfield are unbeaten in their last 3 league games