Sunday 10th September 2017
Burnley v Crystal Palace
More Premier League action this Sunday and with Burnley and Palace both short prices in the relegation outright market then their clash already looks like an early-season three-pointer!
That said, Burnley have made a decent start to the season with a win over Chelsea and a draw at Spurs, but, in contrast, Palace are already in dire straits with no wins and not even a single goal scored in the league so far.
The match betting suggests a tight game with Burnley 2.25, the draw 3.20 and Palace 3.30, but with Burnley taking 6 points off the Eagles last season the home side will head here full of confidence.
Palace have also won just one of their last 5 against the Clarets, while Burnley’s striker Ashley Barnes had a good time playing against the Londoners last term – scoring twice. You can back him at 7.50 to net the first, or 3.50 anytime.
But the call here is for the home side to score the first goal of the match – Burnley have done this in 5 of their last 6 vs Palace so the 1.80 on them netting the opener again here against a Palace side under a bit of pressure at the moment looks fair value.
Best Bet: BURNLEY TO SCORE THE GAMES FIRST GOAL @1.80
Burnley v Crystal Palace 13:30, Sky Sports
- Last season’s repeat fixture ended, Burnley 3-2 Palace
- Burnley took 6 points off Palace last season
- Burnley have scored at least 2 goals in their last 3 vs Palace
- Ashley Barnes (Burnley) scored in both fixtures last season
- Palace have won just 1 of their last 5 vs Burnley
- Burnley have won 3 of the last 5 head-to-heads
- Burnley have scored the first goal in 6 of the last 7 head-to-heads
- 2 of the last 3 head-to-heads went OVER 2.5 GOALS