Saturday 15th July 2017, 03:00
More CONCACAF Gold Cup action this Saturday and we’ve a fairly decent game in prospect as Canada take on Honduras.
The FIFA World rankings suggest a tight game with Canada ranked 100th and Honduras at 72nd, and the betting reflects this with Honduras the slight favourites in the match betting at 2.50, with the draw 3.30 and Canada 2.80.
Canada head here in the better form though after a 1-1 draw with Costa Rica and then Thumping French Guiana 4-2 in this competition so they know a positive result here again Honduras will see them progress to the next stage.
In contrast, Honduras has been struggling of late after a 1-0 defeat against Costa Rica and then a 0-0 draw over French Guiana so on pure form lines a lot points towards Canada being the value here.
The sides have met 13 times before with the last of those being in 2016 in a World Cup qualifier that ended Honduras 2-1 Canada.
The overall head-to-head record favours Honduras with 7 wins, 3 draws and 3 wins for Canada, but as mentioned the current form sways us more towards Canada.
Add in that Honduras have won just 1 of their last 7 games in all comps then you’ll be a brave man backing them at 2.50, especially as Canada are also unbeaten in their last 5 and have scored in 4 of the last 5 head-to-heads.
Look out for Canada’s Alphonso Davies as he’s scored three times (from 2 games) in this competition already, but for us the 1.55 on offer on Canada/Draw in the ‘Double Chance’ market looks decent value – we’ll just need to avoid a Honduras win, something they’ve only managed in 1 of their last 7 games, to collect here.
Best Bet: CANADA WIN/DRAW ‘DOUBLE CHANCE’ @1.55
- Last met Sept 2016 (World Cup Qual), Honduras 2-1 Canada
- Met 13 times, Canada 3, Draw 3, Honduras 7
- FIFA World Rankings, Canada 100, Honduras 72
- Canada have scored in 4 of the last 5 head-to-heads
- 2 of the last 3 head-to-heads went OVER 2.5 GOALS
- Honduras won just 1 of their last 7 games
- 6 of Honduras’ last 8 games went UNDER 2.5 GOALS
- Both teams have scored in Canada’s last 5 games
- Canada are unbeaten in their last 5 games
- 2 of Canada’s last 3 games went OVER 2.5 GOALS