So, we’ve had the Confederations Cup, but now the attention turns to the CONCACAF Gold Cup with the qualified teams from North America, Central America and the Caribbean doing battle.
Hosted in America and held every two years we’ve 12 sides in the 2017 event that will be staged from July 8th to the July 30th.
We get going this Saturday with three games, but with the hosts – USA – in action against Panama then this match catches the eye.
What do the stats say?
USA and Panama last met in March 2017 and with that game ending 1-1 then this score line is sure to be popular again. In fact, with both teams seemingly loving a 1-1 result at the moment then this correct score outcome is a ‘must-have’ to take into the game.
The last 3 head-to-heads have ended 1-1, while 2 of USA’s last 3 games have also finished that way. 1-1 can be backed at 6.50.
With USA (2.70) one of the favourites (along with Mexico, 2.25) in the outright market then it’s no surprise to see the hosts as the clear favourites in the match betting at 1.72, with the draw 3.40 and Panama 5.25.
There is also 36 places between the sides in the FIFA World rankings with USA in 23rd place and Panama 59th, so based on that plus the fact USA have only lost to Panama in 90 mins once, and that they’ve got home advantage then the 1.72 on offer doesn’t look too bad a price.
However, has we’ve mentioned these sides both like a draw at the moment, so siding with just the USA does have a few risks attached to it.
Therefore, the safer call here might be to delve into the overs/unders markets. With this being the first group game for both teams we can expect a cagey affair with neither side wanting to ruin their chance so early on in the competition.
Add in the fact that 8 of the last 9 head-to-heads went UNDER 2.5 GOALS this is another good sign on their being few goals in the game. All of the USA’s last three matches, plus 5 of Panama’s last 6, have also produced under 2.5 goals so at 1.65 is going to be the call – but don’t forget to also have a small bet on 1-1 too as this score will see both bets land for us!
Enjoy the game, and good luck!
Best Bet: UNDER 2.5 GOALS @1.65
Saturday 8th July 2017 USA v Panama 21:30
- Last met March 2017, Panama 1-1 USA
- Have played 18 times before, Panama 1, Draw 6, USA 11
- FIFA World Rankings, Panama 59th, USA 23rd
- The last 3 head-to-heads have ended 1-1
- 8 of the last 9 head-to-heads went UNDER 2.5 GOALS
- Both teams scored in 4 of the last 5 head-to-heads
- Just one previous 0-0 draw (18 games)
- Panama have won just 1 of their last 5 games
- Panama have drawn 4 of their last 5 games
- 5 of Panama’s last 6 games went UNDER 2.5 GOALS
- USA have drawn 2 of their last 3 games 1-1
- USA are unbeaten in their last 4 games
- USA’s last 3 games went UNDER 2.5 GOALS