All eyes will be on the stars of the future here as Germany and Spain’s U21’s do battle in the European Championship Final in Prague this Friday night.
Both teams have done well to get this far, but with Germany having a tough 2-2 draw, then extra-time and penalties only on Tuesday then you feel Spain will head into the match the fresher of the two sides.
This is reflected in the match betting with most firms pricing up Spain as the favourites at 2.00, with the draw 3.80 and Germany 3.50 – while Spain are as short as 1.44 to lift the trophy and Germany 2.75.
The teams have only met twice before – back in 2009 and 2013 – with the most recent clash ending 0-1 to Spain and the only other encounter finishing 0-0.
So, it might be better to look at each sides recent games to try and get a better picture of how this one will end up.
Both teams have NOT scored in 7 of Germany’s last 8 games so at 1.95 on this happening again, while with 6 of Germany’s last 8 games going UNDER 2.5 GOALS then at 1.95 this is the same price and another option to take seriously.
In terms of goal scorers – David Selke (Germany) has scored 2 in his last and is on offer at 8.50 to score first or 3.50 anytime, while Spain’s Saul Niguez, who netted a hat-trick in their last game is sure to be popular at the exact same prices.
Looking at Spain’s recent games then, in contrast to Germany, they do like to score. They’ve netted in of their last 11 games, while 5 of their last 6 went OVER 2.5 GOALS (1.85).
With that in mind, and the contrasting goal stats then we’d prefer to keep it simple and just side with Spain to win this game. They are expected to be the fresher of the two sides, with Germany needing penalties to win their semi-final so those looking for value can opt for the 2.00 in the match betting, or the more cautious should side with the 1.44 in the outright market.
Best Bet: SPAIN TO WIN @2.00
Friday 30th June 2017
Germany U21 v Spain U21
- Last met June 2013, Germany 0-1 Spain
- Only other match (2009) ended, Spain 0-0 Germany
- Germany U21 last match ended, 2-2 (vs England), Germany won on pens
- Both teams DIDN’T score in 7 of Germany’s last 8 games
- 6 of Germany’s last 8 games went UNDER 2.5 GOALS
- Davie Selke (Germany) has scored 2 in their last 3 games
- Spain are unbeaten in their last 11 games
- Spain’s last match ended, Spain 3-1 Italy
- Spain have scored in ALL of their last 11 games
- Both teams scored in 4 of Spain’s last 6 games
- 5 of Spain’s last 6 games went OVER 2.5 GOALS
- Spain’s last 2 games have seen RED CARDS (both for their opponents)
- Saul Niguez (Spain) has scored 5 goals in his last 4 games